Monday, May 13, 2013

A great way to spend your free time

How I spend my free time
I've been searching new ways to spend my free time for the past years. It's not a easy thing, because you have to like the activity you are willing to do, otherwise it'll be boring and you'll be wasting your time.

Trying and failing. That's what it's all about. I tried different activities at least for the last four or five years. I've met new people, new cultures, and obviously, new ways of having fun. The bad thing about this, is that most people only are free on weekends, that's the main reason why I concentrated on looking for some activities to do on Mondays or Tuesdays as well. 

I've come to the point were I don't have any more my free time. In a way to say it, I'm wasting my time, but for useful things to do. And if I really learnt something is that, if you really want to do something, you have to risk yourself and be prepared for what comes. I started playing bass last December. I had absolutely no idea about Music, and I auto-taught myself. Now I can read tabs easily and I can play a song within 5 or less minutes. Now I even play the drums!
You have to be ready for the activity, and mostly important, you have to like what you're doing or have an interest on it. You can't know from the beginning, without even trying, that you are not good for it. With the bass, I thought I was going to be horrible at it, and now, after less than 8 months I can even play in pubs. 

There are different sort of things you can do to spend your free time. From cooking, reading, drawing, to playing music, do some sports, going out with friends, etc. 
You have to find what fits you the most, and start having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment